Top Apigee Interview Questions and Answers (2022)
by Nithyanandham, on Dec 22, 2022 4:24:57 PM
Q1. What is Apigee?
Apigee is an API management and predictive analytics software tool developed by Sonoa Corporations as Sonoa systems in 2004. Now Apigee is maintained by Google Corporations to help them in building cloud-based interfaces. This Apigee helps companies to secure, design, and scale their application programming interfaces. This platform uses the proxy layer and edge to abstract the protocol and also helps for your backend services APIs. Apigee Platform offers security, rate limiting, data quotas, and analytics.
Q2. What is Apigee Gateway?
The API Gateway will often handle a request by invoking multiple microservices and aggregating the results. It can translate between web protocols such as HTTP and WebSocket and web‑unfriendly protocols that are used internally.
An API Gateway is a core feature of your API management platform, although it isn’t the only feature. Key features of an API Gateway includes: ability to provide enterprise-grade security such as spike arrest, quota, and analytics.
Q3. What are the primary components of Apigee?
- Apigee services: The APIs that you use to develop, manage, and send your API proxy.
- Apigee runtime: A lot of containerized runtime services in a Kubernetes cluster that Google keeps up. All API traffic goes through and is handled by these services.
- GCP services: Provides identity management, logging, analytics, metrics, and project management capacities.
- Back-end services: Used by your applications to give runtime access to data to your API proxy.
Q4. What are the key features of API gateway?
- Ability to transform SOAP APIs and design API specifications.
- Ability to give organization-grade security such as quota, analytics, and spike arrest.
- By using API Gateway’s you can manage API’s centrally, but run them where ever your applications are stored.
Q5. What is an API platform?
An API platform is an organization which brings together two or more distinct, but interdependent, groups of consumers using APIs. This creates a foundation for automated transactions between different networks. The platform unlocks hidden value within the organization by exposing its core as an API.
Q6. What Is The Use Of Aws API Gateway?
With a few clicks in the AWS Management Console, we can create an AWS API gateway that acts as a “front door” for applications to access data, business logic, or functionality from your back-end services, such as workloads running on Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2), code running on AWS Lambda, or any Web application.
Q7. What Is An Azure API Management Service?
Use Azure API Management as a turnkey solution for publishing APIs to external and internal customers. Quickly create consistent and modern API gateways for existing back-end services hosted anywhere, secure and protect them from abuse and overuse, and get insights into usage and health.
Q8. What Are The Features Included In Apigee API Management Solution?
Design: Build and design APIs that are intuitive for developers to use and create.
Security: Leverage the inherently secure nature of APIs to expose data to partners securely.
Analytics: Derive actionable business insights through dashboards, visualization tools, and reports.
Access: Supports various architectures used by the enterprise, on-premises in a private or public cloud or as a hybrid approach.
Q9. What are the features of API Baas?
- Flexible data storage
- Social graph functionality
- Geolocation functionality
- User management
- Push notifications
- Client authentications
- Performance monitoring
Q10. What is the use of API Baas?
With the use of API Baas, a company or an organization can actually set up a cloud-based data platform in no time. Also, provides a platform where there is no need for server-side coding or any sort of back-end development needed. It actually helps the teams to focus on productivity and also helps them to visualize and build awesome features that aid in user experience and ultimately helps the organizations to build good products and services.
API Baas is one of the components of the Apigee Edge platform.
Q11. What Is Apigee Edge And How It Helps In Enterprise Data Integration?
Companies interact with their customers and partners via apps and services. These apps generate a large volume of data, which is not always in the control of the enterprise. However, enterprises need to derive actionable intelligence from this data, to make informed business decisions.
Today’s data is designed for efficiency of consumption rather than efficiency of storage, and are better served by API-based integration. Using APIs for enterprise data integration, organizations can get direct visibility into how their data is consumed.
Apigee Edge is the flagship API management product in Apigee’s intelligent API platform. Through its enterprise data integration capabilities, you can optimize data from the backend systems to customer-facing apps.
Q12. What is the difference between API and Apigee?
API platform that is intelligent and comprehensive.
Build, deploy, manage, analyze, and secure APIs at any scale.
API that is very scalable and safe.
Integration with AWS.
Several API Endpoints including all methods are available through a single proxy.
Each action method must be configured independently for each endpoint.
Provide complete API development lifecycle management.
Has fewer capabilities.
Nothing has to be configured.
Each query or route parameter must be configured.
Q13. Why use Apigee?
- Create API proxies conveniently and write or configure API rules graphically as steps in the API flow.
- Consistently apply government rules and best practices in terms of security throughout all APIs.
- Apigee Edge's three-stage authoring process enables you to create reusable access restrictions and gateway content.
- Utilize real-time actionable insights to analyze traffic spikes, dive deeper into API traffic information, and track live API requests.
- Leverage innovative revenue models to create new possibilities, grow API initiatives, and go beyond established business models.
Q14. What is proxy in Apigee?
API proxies decouple the app-facing API from your backend services, shielding those apps from backend code changes. As you make backend changes to your services, apps continue to call the same API without any interruption.
Q15. What is assign message policy in Apigee?
The AssignMessage policy changes or creates new request and response messages during the API proxy Flow. The policy lets you perform the following actions on those messages: Add new form parameters, headers, or query parameters to a message. Copy existing properties from one message to another.
Q16. What are the three core services in Apigee edge?
Apigee Edge consists of API runtime, monitoring and analytics, and developer services that together provide a comprehensive infrastructure for API creation, security, management, and operations.
Q17. What is RESTful API?
A REST API is an API that conforms to the design principles of the REST, or representational state transfer architectural style. For this reason, REST APIs are sometimes referred to RESTful APIs.
Q18. Which are core capabilities of the Apigee API management platform?
- Security : API management solutions secure and mediate the traffic between a company's APIs and the developers, customers, partners, and employees who use those APIs.
- Protocol transformation.
- Traffic Management.
Q19. What is Apigee Sense?
Apigee Sense is an innovative API security product that helps customers protect their APIs from adaptive threats like bad bots and automates threat protection at the API layer for OWASP Top 10 threats. Apigee analyzes billions of API calls, detects threat patterns, and ensures protection with measures like blocking and throttling.
Q20. What are the API Security features available in Apigee Sense?
- Role-based access control (RBAC) – Fine-grained policy management for authorization
- Authentication for users, developers, and administrators
- Threat protection against XML, JSON, and DoS attacks
- Content-based routing, rate-limiting, and traffic spikes protection
- Performance optimization and throttling on back-end connections
- Managed access to APIs via OAuth or other security schemes
- Secure your digital assets from OWASP Top 10 threats like SQL injection and
- JSON threat protection with Apigee.
Q21. What are the components of Apigee?
- Apigee Edge Gateway (aka API Services)
- Apigee Edge Analytics.
- Apigee API BaaS.
- Apigee Edge Developer Channel.
- Apigee Edge Monetization Services (aka Developer Services Monetization)
Q22. What is Apigee swagger?
Apigee is an API creation and administration tool that acts as a proxy layer for your core function APIs. Swagger is one of the most popular and extensively used open-source frameworks for designing, building, developing, and consuming REST APIs.
Q23. What Are The Techniques To Optimize Your Data Store And Its Access?
- Denormalize and duplicate.
- Start creating direct paths to that data that you need.
Q24. Explain The Process Of Creating A Collection?
- First of all Login to the Admin portal.
- Within the left menu, click on Data.
- Click on Add Collection button.
- Name the Collection that needs be created.
- Click on Create.
- The collection will be created and will appear in the list.
Q25. What Are Different Types Of Queries That Can Be Used While Querying The Data Store?
Q26. How Is A Request Is Constructed Within The Apigee Api?
- Define the path to the collection that you are planning to query.
- Obviously, the query language statement which actually has your query.
Q27. What Are The Two Types Of Calls That Can Be Developed Using Apigee Sdk?
It means that your application will respond only when there is a response back from the API call that was previously made. Until an, unless there is a response back from API call the system or the application will not function further. The use of this API call is beneficial if you need any user specific decisions are pending. This will help the users to take appropriate decisions and based on the need the system will execute further and serve. It is also considered as a performance lag because always it has to wait for the response from the API call and based on the response the application will react. This is the reason why they call this method as performance lag.
It doesn’t have any performance lag because the applications work continuously and it doesn’t have to stop for any specific response to be received from the API calls.
Q28. Mention what are the different application integration styles?
- Shared database
- Batch file transfer
- Invoking remote procedure (RPC)
- Swapping asynchronous messages over a message oriented middle-ware (MOM)
Q29. What is Usergrid?
The Usergrid is also the same type of service that the API Baas platform provides. It is nothing but an open-source project which enables the user to utilize its highly scalable backend as a service platform. These types of services are mainly used on mobile platforms.
Q31. What is WS-Security?
WS-Security or Web Services Security explains how security measures can be implemented in web services to protect them from any external attacks. WS-Security is a set of protocols that make sure security for SOAP-based messages by the implementation of the principles of security, integrity, and authentication.
Q32. How can we make web services stateful?
Web services can be made stateful by implementing session management techniques like:
- Hidden form field
- Rewriting URL
- HTTP session
Q33. State the anatomy of a request?
It includes four parts:
- Data (or body)
Q34. Explain the primary principles involved in API test design?
- Setup: Create objects, start services, initialize data, etc
- Execution: Steps to apply API or the scenario, including logging
- Verification: Oracles to evaluate the result of the execution
- Reporting: Pass, failed, or blocked
- Clean up: Pre-test state
Q35. What are the mandatory checks while performing API testing?
- Accuracy of data
- Schema validation
- HTTP status codes
- Data type, validations, order, and completeness
- Authorization checks
- Implementation of response timeout
- Error codes in case API returns, and
- Non-functional testing like performance and security testing
Q36. What common errors can you often find in API testing?
- Missing module errors
- Documentation errors
- Parameter validation errors
- And some standard error expectations as if the result is not so predicted then the occurrence of errors can be seen and for the same warnings are specified in the form of a message. There can be one or more warnings within an individual module.